Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bangkok - A Mojito as big as my head.

While in Bangkok I had the opportunity to catch up with an old friend of mine, Cherry. Cherry and I went  on exchange together to the United States 12 years ago and hadn't seen each other since.  We went to some local eating stalls and had some incredible Thai food before heading to Salt, a bar/restaurant.  This place served HUGE Mojitos. I mean huge. The glasses they come in are bigger than Hoegarden glasses!! Just. Massive.  Anyway I decided to have one, because something that large needs to be conquered.  However, unfortunately they had run out of glasses so they asked me if it was ok to serve it in an ice bucket... of course it was!!!  

Pretty good mojito!!

Cherry inspecting my "glass".


Cherry and her partner, Saritpon


Was great to see her again.  She is one of those people that when you sit down and talk to, it feels like no time has past!!

Until tomorrow, AUSTRALIA DAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me grin from ear to ear!!!
    ~Cass

    ReplyDelete